DIY Custom Labels
Custom labeling has been an extremely popular option for Save-A-Tooth. We offer custom labeling for free on any order of 10 Save-A-Tooth units or more. But there are limitations to this service. Not everyone wants to order 10 units. You may want a better designer. You may have to order through a distribution channel that doesn't offer the service.
That is why we decided to offer the printing and cutting files we use as well as detailed instructions on how to use them, free of charge! Just follow the instructions below and you can do it yourself, no purchase necessary.
What You Need:
Print & Cut Files
Please follow the instructions carefully, in order to complete the project.
By downloading our files and using our guide, you agree to the following: Phoenix-Lazarus, Inc. is not responsible for copyright restrictions of content added by users. Phoenix-Lazarus is not responsible for printer malfunctions, plotter malfunctions, or any other error you may experience in the process. Phoenix-Lazarus, Inc. is not responsible for offering technical support to complete a 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' labeling project from this page.
Create Your Design
1. Open 'Round Print File.ai' or 'Square Print File.ai' in Adobe Illustrator CC.
2. On the 'Design' layer, Double-click the square/round with text on it to open the grouped object.
3. Add or edit any design elements within the white square/round such as Text or Logo files. Make sure any JPEG images are 300 DPI or greater.
Set-Up The File To Print
1. When your design is complete, Double-click anywhere outside the square/round you were working on to exit the grouped object.
2. Click the square/round you were working on, then copy and paste your design, centering each copy onto a square on the template.
3. When all of the squares are filled, click the 'Toggle Visibility' button on the 'Template' layer in the layers menu. The black template squares/rounds should disappear. DO NOT HIDE THE 'REGISTRATION' LAYER!
Print The Files
1. The square labels use Silhouette White Sticker Paper. The round labels use Silhouette Vinyl Sticker Paper.
2. Add the sticker paper to your printer. We recommend using a laser printer with 2400 DPI or higher for best results. If you don't have a high resolution printer, you can bring your file to a copy shop.
3. Print the file and inspect it for errors.
Cut The Labels
1. Copy both cut files [Round Cut File.studio3 & Square Cut File.studio3] onto a USB stick.
2. Connect the USB stick to your Silhouette Cameo 3 plotter.
3. Position the sticker sheet with the page justified to the left hand outer mark and the top of the sheet (ignore the top mark) Stick the printed sticker paper onto the Silhouette Light Hold Mat firmly using your palm.
4. Load the mat into the Silhouette plotter (follow Silhouette instruction manual).
5. Click the 'USB' icon and select 'Round Cut File' or 'Square Cut File' depending on which one you are cutting.
6. Press 'Send'. Wait for the cutting to complete then press 'Unload'
7. Your labels are now ready to peel and stick!